2020 SACRED SPRINGS POWWOW
OCT 3 & 4, 2020 | SAT 10:AM - 9:PM | SUN 11:AM - 5:PM
Meadows Center | 201 San Marcos Springs Drive | San Marcos, Texas
Indigenous Cultures Institute invites you to apply for a vendor’s booth at its 2020 Sacred Springs Powwow. Here are some big changes:
We're cutting back to 45 arts/crafts booths and six food booths, to enhance your potential sales.
This year is our 10th Anniversary and we're hosting special guest performances for both Saturday and Sunday.
We're starting our advertising campaign three months earlier and aggressively promoting our vendors, so please submit photos of your work.
We'll produce a special map where you can advertise your booth name and number, which we'll distribute to all visitors.
Please read the guidelines in the application form, and complete your PAYMENT as the LAST step in applying for the 2020 powwow.
PLEASE NOTE: Vendors will be set up on a golf course, so you cannot drive to your booth space. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to help you load-in and load-out your products. So please be prepared to handle the logistics by bringing your own helpers and dollies. We are limiting the spaces to 50 vendors and the Vendor Spaces will be assigned, based on the order in which the applications are received.
VENDOR PARKING: We have TWO parking lots for vendors. One is free parking, and one is $25 to park all day.
1. All-day, nearby, no movement allowed parking will cost $25, and will be located in the circle next to the powwow grounds (where the buses turn around). Once you park in the circle, you cannot move your vehicle all day. If you need to make runs for restocking, you will need to park in the FREE PARKING lot. On-site, pay to park spaces are limited and only available on a first-come first-serve basis.
2. FREE PARKING will be reserved for Vendors at Travis Elementary School, which is two blocks east of the powwow grounds. Once you unload and take your products to your booth, you can drive your car to Travis Elementary. We will drive you back in a golf cart to finish setting up your booth. We will have two golf carts assigned to this space all day, in case you need to make a supplies-run -- we can load your supplies into the cart and drive you back to your booth. This flexible parking is FREE.
BOOTH INFORMATION - Booth fees include one free electric outlet for one string of lights ONLY.
If you require more electricity, please bring a generator.
1. 10’ X 10’ FEE: $225.00.
10' X 10' HIGH Traffic Area (marked in YELLOW on powwow map below): $250.
10' X 10' HIGHEST Traffic Area (marked in RED, only three available, first come, first served): $275
20’ X 10’ FEE: $300.00. 20' X 10' HIGH Traffic Area (marked in YELLOW on powwow map below): $325.
20' X 10' HIGHEST Traffic Area (marked in RED, only three available): $350..
Food Booth 10' X 10' FEE: $300. Food Tent or Trailer 20' X 10' FEE: $350.
All booth fees INCLUDE one FREE electric outlet (NO STRIPS ALLOWED).
Nonprofit informational booths are free.
2. Please bring your own tent or canopy, tables and chairs.
3. If your payment is received after September 1, 2020, your booth request will be placed on a waiting list. If there is a cancellation, we will notify you and you will be accepted into the event. If there is not a cancellation by the event date and you are not accepted into the event, we will mail you a refund of your booth fee by November 30, 2020.
4. Please stay until the closing of the Powwow at 5:00 pm on Sunday. Vendors who do not remain will not be invited back next year.
5. Vendor Booth fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled for any reason.
1. Early Check-in: Up to 25 Vendors will be allowed to check-in on Friday. However, because we are required to hire Texas State University Campus Police for the overnight security for the powwow, we must charge an additional $25 per booth.
2. Set-up for vendors who do not check in early begins at 6:00 AM on Saturday.
3. Drive up to the Vendor Coordinator station and check in. You will be directed to a parking space. You will be called to set up from your parking space on a first-come, first-served basis. Vendors arriving after 8:30 AM will not be allowed to unload and set up as powwow visitors will have already started to arrive.
4. Gates open to the public at 10:00 AM on Saturday and close at 9:00 PM. On Sunday, gates open at 11:00 AM and close at 5:00 PM.
1. Vendors must stay until the close of the event. If not, you will not be invited back next year.
2. Please bring your own trash bins and take your trash with you as we ask that you clean your area and leave it as you found it. Trash bins that we rent are only for event trash and not sufficient for vendor-generated trash.
We will have two hotels that will charge a special POWWOW RATE when you tell them you are a vendor. Please make your reservations as soon as possible. We will post these hotels by April 1, 2020.
FOOD TICKETS AND HOSPITALITY:
Each vendor will receive two lunch tickets with a 10’x10’ space (four tickets with a 20’x10’ space) refundable for a meal and a drink at our Hospitality Tent on Saturday. If you need additional tickets please contact the Vendor Coordinator. Complimentary pan dulce and coffee will be available on Sunday morning.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES AND INDEMNIFICATION REQUIREMENT BELOW ON THE APPLICATION FORM.